Saturday, July 14, 2012

Playing with Flowers and other Misc Things

Happy 11th Anniversary to JD and Soni! Wish we could be together to celebrate. Hope your days go well.

Well yesterday was pretty non-eventful. I took Ellis out to play. I got him a bucket and he picked up sticks, pinecones, and rocks and put them into the bucket. We wandered around in the front yard for quite a while. I did go into the fabric shop in town to get a little more of the red and blue fabric I needed to finish Ellis' quilt. They had the red, but didn't have the blue to match. I figured if I had to make a trip into Colorado Springs for the blue, I might as well save some money by buying them both there. Just plain old solid cotton fabric is $10.98 a yard at the fabric store here. After all it is a quilting supply shop, so they have to charge that much right? I know it's probably better quality, but wow.   Today I got the fabric at a Wal-Mart in Colorado Springs that still carries fabric. It was $2.97 a yard.






Ellis and I played out in the yard for quite a while. He loves to swing in his swing and would probably do it all day long. We walked around the place out in the aspens and he picked flowers. He was plucking them off and throwing them. One of them went between my toes, so he decided that the other foot needed one too. He chopped at the tree trunks with sticks, and had a good time just wandering around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home