Friday, July 27, 2012

JUST PLANE CRAZY

Ellis is crazy about airplanes, and can hear and spot them very quickly. I think it's one of his favorite pastimes. Jennifer said that she would like to have a quilt for him that had planes on it. They are hard to find, so David and I decided we would get one for his 2nd birthday. Our only real option was to make one. So I decided it would be a project I could do while we were in Colorado. Jennifer and I
went to Colorado Springs before Emmett was born and got the fabric.
Ellis knows his colors pretty well.  
I decided what the planes would look like
I'm not much of an airplane drawer, but I did ok.
I decided to make 6 airplanes. I would reverse the colors on 2 planes of the same pattern.
We went with the basic colors. I appliqued them onto a piece
of fabric so that it would be easier to get them sewn onto the quilt top.










I think this is my favorite

He kind of went crazy when he saw it the first time.

 
He jumped and squealed and pulled it over his head.
 
He liked it.
 
He said thank you to us both, not only in words but actions.


 

The finished product ended up with a hot
air balloon too, but that is another story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home