Thursday, September 29, 2011

A September Sunrise

Tuesday evening I decided that I would like to see the sunrise from the pond. I woke up around 4:50 on Wednesday morning and got going. I needed to go to Wal-Mart to pick up a piece of fabric for the gift I am making Kim Duncan's baby shower, so I went there first.
I stopped by the donut shop on the way out of town, and picked up a half dozen donuts for Mama, Becky and myself to have with our coffee.
Gus came walking up when I got there. I parked the truck so that I could sit in the bed and watch the sun come up. The stars were so bright and clear. I will be so glad when I can walk out of my house and see them that clearly. I sat in the quiet darkness and waited. While I sat there I heard hoof beats coming from the south. Red made his appearance.
It was a beautiful clear sky on this morning. It doesn't make quite as spectacular a sunrise, but it makes star gazing wonderful. The sun started coloring the sky and a few wispy clouds were showing off to the southeast. As color started showing on the horizon, the stars faded out one by one.
I could hear quail calling and mourning doves cooing. I heard what I'm sure was a deer behind me on the other side of the pond. A big bullfrog was booming from somewhere close by, and I heard a fish flip out of the water. The sun made a spectacular scene out of the row of hedge trees on the far east side of the pasture. At one point the sunrays showed up like a crown on the horizon.
What an awesome simple experience. All I had to do was show up, and God did the rest. It was a wonderful time with God's great artistry.
I had a nice visit over coffee and donuts with Mama and Becky. What a great morning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home