Friday, October 12, 2012

Fall is Here For Sure!


Here are some pictures of our "fall harvest"   I have been making apple butter, 29 pints of Grandma Smith's Applebutter, so far.  I'm going to make a green tomato salsa, I've strung peppers to dry, cough cough, choke choke, I've made tomato juice, David is going to dehydrate apples today, we are painting the deck and railing, there's still a lot to do before the harvest is all put away and the house is ready for winter.


                              
                                                                                
                          
 
                         We had Ellis here for a short visit before Jennifer and Joel came for their visit. I brought him back with me from Colorado. Pa Pa was really surprised to see him in the car seat when he opened the door to help me with my things. Ellis said, "Pa Pa!" It was really fun having him here. Well things around here have been hopping.
 
We were going to have a freeze, so we picked all the apples we could get to on the 6 trees.
There is 1 Golden Delicious tree, 4 Granny Smith trees, and 1 Johnathan Apple tree.
 
 The kids helped pick some of them, a few weeks ago when Ellis was here. They had a lot of fun. They picked them up off the ground and carried them to the garage for us. Ellis and David put them in a sack and put them on like a backpack. When I picked them last week I shook the tree just like before, but this time I got in the way. I had a nice bruise on the front of my jaw where one hit me right where my teeth are. I also got hit right under my nose on my upper lip, it didn't bruise.
This is one of the first pictures I took of the beginning of the fall colors. 
This is our apricot tree.  We got 7 apricots off it this year.


This is the Maple tree on the west side
of our Brome in front of the house. 
 We have 2 maple trees in the front, they are very pretty.



The Apricot Tree Close Up
 
We had our Free Fall Fun Fair at the church. It was a lot of work, but a lot of fun. I think everyone enjoyed themselves.  There was a bounce house, petting zoo, photo booth, face painting, a local fire truck, 4-wheeler hayrack ride down into "Copperhead Canyon", pony cart rides, music, cake walk, coin toss and various other games, larger prize giveaways, and food.
 
    
Bounce House                                       Petting Zoo                           4 wheeler rides
 
 
JD won a cake, he also borrowed a little girls helmet??
I will try and get better organized and get more pictures posted soon. 

 
 
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home