Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Another Year Has Flown By

Yesterday was Monday, Dec. 31, 2012. I got on a plane at KC and left for Colorado. I am going to go out to JJ's, (Jennifer and Joel's), and watch EE, (Ellis and Emmett) for 5 days. JJ are going to go to Arizona and watch K-State play in the Tostitos Bowl. The first part of my trip went to Dallas. It was raining and I was only in the terminal for a few minutes. I got right back on the same plane and we headed for Colorado Springs. It was snowing a little bit and was pretty cold. I met Jennifer at the curb, so she didn't have to park. We went to eat at Penera Bread. Jennifer needed a few things in CS so we went to a few stores and picked them up. We also went to the semi-annual sale at Bath and Body Works. We planned to be back to their house around 5. We got there at 4:57! We had supper of sandwiches. After the kids were in bed JJ and I went out to get some groceries and put gas in the Jeep. We went to bed before the New Year came in.

Today is January 1, 2013. Happy New Year!!! JJ left for Arizona around 4:15 or so. I went back to bed and watched some of the Pioneer Woman that Jennifer has recorded. It was nice and relaxing. I fell asleep off and on until about 7. I heard Ellis awake and went up to get him up. The light was on in his room, so I knew he was up and about. Emmett got up about 7:30. We had breakfast and then we played. Emmett took his nap from around 10 to 10:30. We had lunch and around 1 the boys took their naps. I was lazy and watched a movie and snoozed. It's been pretty cold here and now it's 16 at 4:30pm. The boys just got up and are playing. I put Emmett down on the floor on his tummy. He didn't stay there long. He flipped over on his back. He is watching Ellis play with the toys. I'm going to fix supper soon. The evening was uneventful, and getting the kids to bed is easy. I gave Ellis a bath and he had me read 2 books to him.

Wed. January 2, 2013

I got up when I heard the kids moving about. That was 8:00! Wow I don't usually sleep in that late. I did get up several times early this morning, but decided to go back to bed. I checked about renting a car. I would like to go and see Aunt Shirley, but I'm not sure I'll do it. She isn't available until Friday morning, and I probably will just stay home. I haven't gotten ahold of Debbie Vogts yet, so I probably won't worry about it at this point.

Thursday, Jan. 3rd.
I got the boys ready and put Emmett in the backpack to go to the mailbox. We had a nice walk and Emmett was really enjoying it. We took pictures of Ellis on the split rail fence down at the end of the road. He also waved at cars going by. A couple of them honked at him. He thought that was fun. When we got back to the house, we went over to Dick and Lois' house and got Dick to take our picture. We watched the game in the evening. Unfortunately it was a sad game and by the 3rd quarter I figured it was pretty much over. I left it on, but cleaned up and got the boys down for the night.

Friday, Jan. 4th.

Ellis was up a little after 6:30, so I got him changed and fed. I have decided to take the truck and go to Aunt Shirley's this morning. By the time I got everything ready to go it was about 10. It was an easy trip out and back and the weather was beautiful. There was lots of snow and it was very pretty. We had a nice visit and the kids were good. She is a very special lady and is always so accommodating and is always so interested in what everyone is doing and how they are feeling.

Jennifer and Joel got home around 11:30 or so. We visited for a while, but we needed to get up early to get to the airport on time. I got in bed around 12:30, but couldn't get to sleep. I finally turned on the TV until about 2:30 and fell asleep.

Sat. Jan. 5th

I woke up about 5:30 and got up to get ready. Joel took me to the airport, and we had a nice visit. The line at security was pretty long, but it didn't take long to get through. From CS to Dallas I sat beside an older couple and they slept most of the time. From Dallas I sat beside a lady from Brazil who was traveling with her mother to see her son. She and her husband have lived in Mexico for 12 years because of her husband's job. She has 3 kids and she travels quite a bit to visit them and stays for 4 or 5 weeks at a time. The flights went well and we were on time all the way around. David and Soni and the kids met me at the airport. Unfortunately I had to check my bag on the last flight, so we had to wait for it. Budger helped me get it off the carousel and then pulled it to the car for me. We stopped at Nebraska Furniture and Cabela's on the way home. We also stopped at McD's to eat. We got home around 5. It is nice to be home, but I miss the kids in Colorado.

Sunday Jan. 6

I went to Sunday School and Church. Jean Bauerle asked me if I would start doing the bulletin board by the kitchen. I said I would. Sunday School is very interesting and I really enjoy the lessons. It's called Godquest, Discover the God your heart is searching for. It's by Sean McDowell. There are videos for the different chapters and they are very informative. After church I came home and got lunch. We had chicken, potatoes, gravy, and green bean casserole. Jerry picked up Mom and Tim coming back from Vickies house. I really appreciate him doing that. He stayed for supper and it was a nice relaxing day because he made the trip to KC.

Monday, Jan 7th

Tim went back to work today. David had a Dr. appointment today. It was an initial visit with Dr. Nichols. We took Allie with us so Dr. Nichols could check her over from a fall she took while wrestling with Grandpa. She tried to jump on him on the bed just as he was bending over. She went off the bed and hit her head. They took her to the ER because she had thrown up a couple of times after she fell. David likes Dr. Nichols and will have a few skin things burned off in the next week. They also took x-rays of his chest. Not much going on the rest of the day.

Tues. Jan 8th

Clyde came to finish the walls in the basement for us. JD came to help him. I left for Topeka about 10:45 with Mom. I needed to return some things to a few stores, and go to get insulation and some other things for finishing up Mom's place. I found a linen cabinet for the bathroom, and I got the paint I need for the kitchen cabinets. It took a lot longer than I wanted it to. By the time I got back to Overbrook, it was time to go get David J. So I did that before I went home. We unloaded everything and showed Mom what was done downstairs. When Tim got home we let him see everything too. They both like it, and seem to really be anxious to get into their new place. We had hamburgers and chips for supper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home