Sunday, January 27, 2013

Tim's Dance With Linda and Lonny

Back in Dec. 2011 on Tim's 50th birthday we had a bowling party for him. A lot of people from CCL were there. Linda and Lonny were there and told us they would be getting married in the near future. They said that they would like for Tim to come. Sure enough a few weeks ago he got an invitation to their wedding. At first he was excited to go, but as the day approached he decided that he didn't want to. On the day of, Jan 19th, I couldn't talk him into it. It kept bugging me that he wouldn't go. Finally David said, if you want to go, just take him. So I called Jessie and Gary to see if they would be home so Mom could stay with them. They were glad to have her. I threw some clothes into a suitcase for all of us so we could spend the night. We took off around 11:30 and headed that way. On the way down I thought maybe Charlotte would be going, so I called her to see if she would be willing to take Tim. She said she would be glad to take him. I had planned to load the truck with whatever I could from Mom's garage while he was at the wedding. After I dropped Mom and Tim off at Gary's I met my mama at McDonald's for a coffee and visit. I had planned to go out and visit her at her house,
but knew I would run out of time since we didn't come first thing in the morning. We had a nice visit for about an hour, then I headed over to Mom's to get to work. Everything went very smoothly. Charlotte went by CCL and got a wheelchair for Tim and picked him up at Gary's and took him to the wedding and reception. I worked in the garage, and figured out what to take with me. I couldn't lift the middle part of the table into the truck, so I went to the neighbor's house and asked if they could help me with a few things. They were very nice and said they would be glad to. We got everything loaded and the guy got out the ladder and put the vent back on the attic. I think they had Cox re-route the cable or something, I'm not sure what happened there. I left to go get Mom and we went by the reception on the way out of town.  When we got there, the bride and groom weren't there yet.  I told Tim we could wait for a few minutes, but we really needed to get going.  Deena and Jr, and Charlotte were visiting with us.  It was nice to see them all.  In about 3 minutes Linda and Lonny were there.  I told Tim he could tell them goodbye before we left.  He told Linda he didn't get to dance with her.  She said, "Well, we can't let you leave until we dance."  They went to the dance floor and she and Tim danced the first dance.  Lonny helped make sure that Tim was steady on his feet.  It was so sweet.  I cried.  What a wonderful couple of people, to take the time to make him happy.  There were a lot of clients there from CCL and I think that was a wonderful thing.  They are a part of each other's lives and it was great that they included them in their wedding celebration.


Tim gets the first dance with Linda, and Lonny














They really made his day!



Tim really enjoyed himself!


Linda and Lonny pose with Tim before he leaves

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home